Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
A few snippets to what makes me me... I am a senior at the University of South Alabama. I married the man of my dreams on May 14, 2011. I plan on being a teacher and a learner in all aspects of the world.

WELCOME!

Hey guys! You have come across my blog! This blog is for my EDM 310 class with Dr. John Strange at the University of South Alabama. I use it to post my assignments which include comments on various videos, podcasts, and other blogs from around the world! Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

March 12, 2010

ALEX
The Alabama Learning Exchange more commonly known as ALEX is a great resource to use for teachers, students, and parents. You can search the podcasts to find something relevant to your search, or find lesson plans on the subject which is great for teachers. There is also a link for Professional Learning. The Professional Learning site gives outside links to resources and tools for "teaching and learning tools."

I have personally used ALEX before this assignment to help me get ideas and tools together to teach a writing course to home schooled students. I have also used this to help me catch up on geometry, so I could tutor one of my students effectively. I have found it very useful for many different situations when just needing something extra to study.
ACCESS Header Image
ACCESS
ACCESS is another interesting tool for high school students in the public school setting. ACCESS stands for Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators, and Students Statewide. This program allows for students to take online classes not provided in a regular classroom at their school. It is a distance learning tool, which I think is very exciting! Some of the courses offered is Test Prep, Alabama Graduation Exam help, AP Exam reviews, any kind of math, science, English, foreign language, and health offered in a high school.

1 comment:

  1. March 12. Oh my. It's been a month since your last post.

    ReplyDelete