Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
A few snippets to what makes me me... I am a senior at the University of South Alabama. I married the man of my dreams on May 14, 2011. I plan on being a teacher and a learner in all aspects of the world.

WELCOME!

Hey guys! You have come across my blog! This blog is for my EDM 310 class with Dr. John Strange at the University of South Alabama. I use it to post my assignments which include comments on various videos, podcasts, and other blogs from around the world! Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 4, 2010

Dear Kaia: Mr. Chamberlain
This blog post is amazing! Mr. Chamberlain's class commented on Kaia's pictures. Kaia's father noticed them and decided to ask them to make a video instead. Kaia cannot yet read, and a video would be perfect for her to enjoy others excitement of viewing her pictures. If you would like to see Mr. Chamberlain's post on how he made the video to send to Kaia click HERE
Dear Kaia 
After reading Mr. Chamberlain's blog, I went to Kaia's blog post to see why his class made the video. Kaia's father decided to use their surroundings as an educational opportunity to teach Kaia about the world around her. They grabbed their cameras and went outside to take pictures of what they saw. Kaia then created her very first photo essay, which is very exciting! I really enjoyed seeing her pictures since we don't have that kind of environment here in Alabama. I love seeing new things and thanks to Kaia and her dad for taking the opportunity to share it with the world!



Intrepid Teacher: Singing Hearts
The next blog that is part of this assignment is Kaia's fathers blog. He writes about the experience of taking Kaia on her photography journey. It is exciting to see the connection made across the world through a blog post!

Parents do have to be careful about exposing their children on the internet, but it can be done. I believe Kaia's father took up the opportunity to have an educational experience and it has paid off. Not only will Kaia learn from taking part in this first hand, but the children in Mr. Chamberlain's class. I too have benefited from Kaia's experience. It helps to see success in blogging, and this will help when I introduce blogs to my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment