Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
A few snippets to what makes me me... I am a senior at the University of South Alabama. I married the man of my dreams on May 14, 2011. I plan on being a teacher and a learner in all aspects of the world.

WELCOME!

Hey guys! You have come across my blog! This blog is for my EDM 310 class with Dr. John Strange at the University of South Alabama. I use it to post my assignments which include comments on various videos, podcasts, and other blogs from around the world! Enjoy!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

March 7, 2010

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture hit home. I have been going through a lot of medical issues right now, so it has taken me a while just to get through the fist 5 minutes without walking away from the computer. We teach our children through activities. An example Mr. Pausch gave was a "head-fake," we send our children out to play football, but what we really want them to learn is bigger than just the game. Another thing I really liked about his video was the reference to a brick wall, it isn't meant to keep you out, it is meant to keep out those who don't want it badly enough. He also worked on Aladdin which I find very exciting because I am a Disney fanatic! The end made me cry, I knew it was impossible to get through without crying, but the birthday dedication to his wife did it! What a great way to show how to take the focus off of you and pout it on to others. He gave great pointers on how to be a better person. It was definitely a great video!

No comments:

Post a Comment